Dennis Rolf Engelbert Gnad received his B.Eng. degree in Computer Engineering from Hochschule Pforzheim University, Germany in 2011, where he did his Bachelor Thesis in Cooperation with Texas Instruments Germany. In 2015, he received his M.Sc. in Computer Science from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany. In his Master Thesis he worked with the ITEC/CES group of Prof. Henkel with Dr. Shafique. In 2015, he became a PhD student at the ITEC/CDNC group of Prof. Mehdi Tahoori.
Past and Current Students:
- Jonas Krautter: Master Thesis FPGA Security (Faults); Hiwi Side-Channels
- Hashim Syed Gillani: Hiwi FPGA Voltage Drop Sensors
- Luis Piepka: Hiwi FPGA Test Automation and Soft-Core Experiments
- Yiwei Hao: Hiwi FPGA Tests and Measurement
- Sascha Rapp: Bachelor Thesis: FPGA Security
- Cong Dang Khoa Nguyen: Bachelor Thesis: FPGA Security
8. F. Schellenberg, D. Gnad, A. Moradi, M. Tahoori, "Remote Inter-Chip Power Analysis Side-Channel Attacks at Board-Level", In Proceedings of IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), 2018, USA.
7. J. Krautter, D. R. E. Gnad, M. B. Tahoori, "FPGAhammer: Remote Voltage Fault Attacks on Shared FPGAs, suitable for DFA on AES", in IACR Transactions on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (TCHES), 2018.
6. Dennis R. E. Gnad, Fabian Oboril, Saman Kiamehr, Mehdi B. Tahoori, "An Experimental Evaluation and Analysis of Transient Voltage Fluctuations in FPGAs", in IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems (TVLSI), 2018.
5. Falk Schellenberg, Dennis R. E. Gnad, Amir Moradi, Mehdi B. Tahoori, "An Inside Job: Remote Power Analysis Attacks on FPGAs", in proceedings of Design, Automation & Test in Europe (DATE), 2018, Germany. (Best Paper Candidate)
4. Dennis R. E. Gnad, Fabian Oboril, Mehdi B. Tahoori, "Voltage Drop-based Fault Attacks on FPGAs using Valid Bitstreams", International Conference on Field-Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL), 2017, Belgium. (Best Paper Award, *Stamatis Vassiliadis Award)
3. Dennis R. E. Gnad, Fabian Oboril, Saman Kiamehr, Mehdi B. Tahoori, "Analysis of Transient Voltage Fluctuations in FPGAs", International Conference on Field-Programmable Technology (FPT), 2016, China. (Best Paper Candidate)
2. Dennis Gnad, Muhammad Shafique, Florian Kriebel, Semeen Rehman, Duo Sun, Jörg Henkel, "Hayat: Harnessing Dark Silicon and Variability for Aging Deceleration and Balancing", in Proceedings of Design Automation Conference (DAC), USA, 2015.
1. Muhammad Shafique, Dennis Gnad, Siddharth Garg, Jörg Henkel, "Variability-Aware Dark Silicon Management in On-Chip Many-Core Systems", in Proceedings of Design, Automation & Test in Europe (DATE), France, 2015.